The iconic Comandante® C40 is a robust, high performance grinder with an advanced and pioneering burrset: Nitro Blade®. And the new Mk4 generation just got even better!
Thanks to some smart material science, reworked internals and an unbreakable polymer-glass Bean Jar, the Comandante® C40 Mk4 offers improved workflow, weight, and durability.
We refined the geometry and structure of the Nitro Blade burr to get the grind performance we were looking for and the particle distribution which worked best with brewing fresh ground specialty arabica beans. Manufacturing a Nitro Blade is a serious engineering task which requires special tools and machinery, excellent craftsmanship and lots of experience. High-nitrogen martensitic steel is extremely difficult to work with. But when finished, it is tough, highly wear resistant and has a high degree of edge retention. This is what we want.
Built for true coffee enthusiasts and specialty coffee connoisseurs, the C40 is a robust high performance coffee hand grinder with an advanced burr set design. The selection of the burr material is the proud result of dedicated research and development. Clear design mixed with high performance.
Updates from MK3
- New engine frame shape and material - more robust, with larger capacity and no more trapped beans!
- Each grinder comes with two jars: 1x brown glass and 1x clear polymer-glass. The latter is lightweight, durable, and can be used as a cup!
- Reworked packaging with improved protection.
The burr material and design is the proud result of years of dedicated research and development at Comandante®’s onsite coffee lab. Nitro Blade® is unique, using a high-alloyed, high-nitrogen stainless steel with a fine martensitic micro-crystal matrix.
Burr Geometry has been optimised to achieve excellent Bean Thruput with a reduced Crank Torque and at the same time deliver a refined Particle Size Distribution for best brewing results.
Comandante click system gives you full control for any brewing method and locks your preferred grind setting into place, helping you get the very best out of your roasted coffee and repeat the results again and again. This world class grind performance has made Nitro Blade the weapon of choice for true coffee enthusiasts around the globe, from home baristas to World Brewers Cup champions.
- Stainless steel is the right choice to build a robust and food safe coffee grinder. That is why not only the burr is made of stainless steel, but also the body, axle, crank and micro ball bearings. Comandante products are aluminium free.
- Where polymers can be used to improve performance, Comandante uses BPA-free high-performance polymers that meet the strictest food-safety standards. These materials are engineered to endure years of heavy use.
- Comandante loves natural wood. The solid oak handles, produced by friends in Germany’s Black Forest, are both wonderfully ergonomic and beautiful to look at thanks to oak’s unique grain structure.
- The Classic and Special Coating models use a robust and sleek powder coating – baked on at high temperature, not just painted on.
- Every C40 MK4 comes with one brown glass Bean Jar and one clear polymer-glass Bean Jar. Both are super easy to clean and hold around 40g of roasted coffee beans. Weighing in at just over 600g, the C40’s compact size and robust nature means that whether you’re at home or off on an adventure, the world’s best manual grinder is your loyal companion.
- Diameter: 2.4"
- Height: 6.3"
- Weight: 1.63 lbs.
- Outer Burr Size: 39mm
- Inner Burr Size: 30mm
- Burr Type: Conical Steel Burrs
- Burr Material: Patented High-Alloyed High-Nitrogen Stainless Steel
- Body Material: Stainless Steel (Wood Veneer)
- Axle: Stainless Steel
- Axle Bearings: 2x Stainless Steel Micro Ball Bearing with Rubber Seals
- Crank: Stainless Steel
- Crank-Knob: 100% Natural Oak Wood (Hand-Made in Black Forest)
- Grinder x1
- Brown glass x1
- Clear polymer-glass x1